Meaning of DRIVER in English
▪ careful , good , safe
▪ bad , dangerous , reckless
▪ drunk , drunken , hit-and-run ( esp. BrE )
He was killed by a drunken ~.
▪ experienced , inexperienced
▪ learner ( BrE ), student ( AmE )
Learner ~s are not allowed on the motorways.
I didn't drink because I was the designated ~.
a campaign aimed at car ~s to promote walking and cycling
▪ ambulance , bus , cab , coach ( BrE ), engine ( BrE ), limo ( informal ), lorry ( BrE ), tanker ( esp. BrE ), taxi , train , truck ( esp. AmE ), van ( BrE )
▪ F1 ( esp. BrE ), race-car ( AmE ), racing , rally ( esp. BrE )
I can't stand back-seat ~s.
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012