Meaning of DRIVER in English
noun the driving wheel of a locomotive.
2. driver ·noun a crossbar on a grinding mill spindle to drive the upper stone.
3. driver ·noun an overseer of a gang of slaves or gang of convicts at their work.
4. driver ·noun an attachment to a lathe, spindle, or face plate to turn a carrier.
5. driver ·noun the after sail in a ship or bark, being a fore-and-aft sail attached to a gaff; a spanker.
6. driver ·noun one who, or that which, drives; the person or thing that urges or compels anything else to move onward.
7. driver ·noun the person who drives beasts or a carriage; a coachman; a charioteer, ·etc.; hence, also, one who controls the movements of a locomotive.
8. driver ·noun a part that transmits motion to another part by contact with it, or through an intermediate relatively movable part, as a gear which drives another, or a lever which moves another through a link, ·etc. specifically:.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012