Meaning of ABANDON in English
v abandonment; relinquishment.
2. abandon ·noun a complete giving up to natural impulses; freedom from artificial constraint; careless freedom or ease.
3. abandon ·vt to cast or drive out; to banish; to expel; to reject.
4. abandon ·vt reflexively: to give (one's self) up without attempt at self-control; to yield (one's self) unrestrainedly;
often in a bad sense.
5. abandon ·vt to relinquish all claim to;
used when an insured person gives up to underwriters all claim to the property covered by a policy, which may remain after loss or damage by a peril insured against.
6. abandon ·vt to give up absolutely; to forsake entirely ; to renounce utterly; to relinquish all connection with or concern on; to desert, as a person to whom one owes allegiance or fidelity; to quit; to surrender.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012