Meaning of ABIDE in English
vt to stand the consequences of; to answer for; to suffer for.
2. abide ·vt to bear patiently; to tolerate; to put up with.
3. abide ·vt to endure; to sustain; to submit to.
4. abide ·vi to wait; to pause; to delay.
5. abide ·vt to wait for; to be prepared for; to await; to watch for; as, i abide my time.
6. abide ·vi to remain stable or fixed in some state or condition; to continue; to remain.
7. abide ·vi to stay; to continue in a place; to have one's abode; to dwell; to sojourn;
with with before a person, and commonly with at or in before a place.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012