noun meaning; acceptation.
2. acceptance ·noun the bill itself when accepted.
3. acceptance ·noun state of being accepted; acceptableness.
4. acceptance ·noun an agreeing to the action of another, by some act which binds the person in law.
5. acceptance ·noun an assent and engagement by the person on whom a bill of exchange is drawn, to pay it when due according to the terms of the acceptance.
6. acceptance ·noun the act of accepting; a receiving what is offered, with approbation, satisfaction, or acquiescence; ·esp., favorable reception; approval; as, the acceptance of a gift, office, doctrine, ·etc.
7. acceptance ·noun an agreeing to terms or proposals by which a bargain is concluded and the parties are bound; the reception or taking of a thing bought as that for which it was bought, or as that agreed to be delivered, or the taking possession as owner.