Meaning of ARCH in English
noun any part of a curved line.
2. arch ·noun a chief.
3. arch ·vt to cover with an arch or arches.
4. arch ·adj chief; eminent; greatest; principal.
5. arch ·vt to form or bend into the shape of an arch.
6. arch ·vi to form into an arch; to curve.
7. arch ·noun any curvature in the form of an arch; as, the arch of the aorta.
8. arch ·adj cunning or sly; sportively mischievous; roguish; as, an arch look, word, lad.
9. arch ·noun any place covered by an arch; an archway; as, to pass into the arch of a bridge.
10. arch ·noun a flat arch is a member constructed of stones cut into wedges or other shapes so as to support each other without rising in a curve.
11. arch ·noun usually a curved member made up of separate wedge-shaped solids, with the joints between them disposed in the direction of the radii of the curve; used to support the wall or other weight above an opening. in this sense arches are segmental, round (·i.e., semicircular), or pointed.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012