Meaning of ATTACK in English
vi to make an onset or attack.
2. attack ·noun a setting to work upon some task, ·etc.
3. attack ·noun an access of disease; a fit of sickness.
4. attack ·noun an assault upon one's feelings or reputation with unfriendly or bitter words.
5. attack ·noun the beginning of corrosive, decomposing, or destructive action, by a chemical agent.
6. attack ·vt to set to work upon, as upon a task or problem, or some object of labor or investigation.
7. attack ·vt to fall upon with force; to assail, as with force and arms; to assault.
8. attack ·noun the act of attacking, or falling on with force or violence; an onset; an assault;
opposed to defense.
9. attack ·vt to begin to affect; to begin to act upon, injuriously or destructively; to begin to decompose or waste.
10. attack ·vt to assail with unfriendly speech or writing; to begin a controversy with; to attempt to overthrow or bring into disrepute, by criticism or satire; to censure; as, to attack a man, or his opinions, in a pamphlet.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012