Meaning of BARREL in English
noun a jar.
2. barrel ·noun the hollow basal part of a feather.
3. barrel ·vt to put or to pack in a barrel or barrels.
4. barrel ·noun a metallic tube, as of a gun, from which a projectile is discharged.
5. barrel ·noun a solid drum, or a hollow cylinder or case; as, the barrel of a windlass; the barrel of a watch, within which the spring is coiled.
6. barrel ·noun a round vessel or cask, of greater length than breadth, and bulging in the middle, made of staves bound with hoops, and having flat ends or heads.
7. barrel ·noun the quantity which constitutes a full barrel. this varies for different articles and also in different places for the same article, being regulated by custom or by law. a barrel of wine is 31/ gallons; a barrel of flour is 196 pounds.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012