vt to utter by bellowing.
2. bell ·vt to put a bell upon; as, to bell the cat.
3. bell ·vt to make bell-mouthed; as, to bell a tube.
4. bell ·noun anything in the form of a bell, as the cup or corol of a flower.
5. bell ·noun the strikes of the bell which mark the time; or the time so designated.
6. bell ·noun a hollow perforated sphere of metal containing a loose ball which causes it to sound when moved.
7. bell ·vi to call or bellow, as the deer in rutting time; to make a bellowing sound; to roar.
8. bell ·vi to develop bells or corollas; to take the form of a bell; to blossom; as, hops bell.
9. bell ·noun a hollow metallic vessel, usually shaped somewhat like a cup with a flaring mouth, containing a clapper or tongue, and giving forth a ringing sound on being struck.
10. bell ·noun that part of the capital of a column included between the abacus and neck molding; also used for the naked core of nearly cylindrical shape, assumed to exist within the leafage of a capital.