Meaning of BOAT in English
vi to go or row in a boat.
2. boat ·vt to place in a boat; as, to boat oars.
3. boat ·vt to transport in a boat; as, to boat goods.
4. boat ·noun a small open vessel, or water craft, usually moved by cars or paddles, but often by a sail.
5. boat ·noun a vehicle, utensil, or dish, somewhat resembling a boat in shape; as, a stone boat; a gravy boat.
6. boat ·noun hence, any vessel; usually with some epithet descriptive of its use or mode of propulsion; as, pilot boat, packet boat, passage boat, advice boat, ·etc. the term is sometimes applied to steam vessels, even of the largest class; as, the cunard boats.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012