Meaning of BROWN in English
vi to become brown.
2. brown ·vt to make brown or dusky.
3. brown ·vt to make brown by scorching slightly; as, to brown meat or flour.
4. brown ·superl of a dark color, of various shades between black and red or yellow.
5. brown ·vt to give a bright brown color to, as to gun barrels, by forming a thin coat of oxide on their surface.
6. brown ·noun a dark color inclining to red or yellow, resulting from the mixture of red and black, or of red, black, and yellow; a tawny, dusky hue.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012