Meaning of BROWN in English
/brown/ , n.
1. Charles Brockden /brok"deuhn/ , 1771-1810, U.S. novelist.
2. Edmund Gerald, Jr . ( Jerry ), born 1938, U.S. politician: governor of California 1975-83.
3. James Nathaniel ( Jimmy ), born 1936, U.S. football player and actor.
4. John ( "Old Brown of Osawatomie" ), 1800-59, U.S. abolitionist: leader of the attack at Harpers Ferry, where he was captured, tried for treason, and hanged.
5. Olympia , 1835-1926, U.S. women's-rights activist and Universalist minister: first American woman ordained by a major church.
6. Robert , 1773-1858, Scottish botanist.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012