Meaning of COPY in English
noun copyhold; tenure; lease.
2. copy ·noun an abundance or plenty of anything.
3. copy ·vi to make a copy or copies; to imitate.
4. copy ·vi to yield a duplicate or transcript; as, the letter did not copy well.
5. copy ·noun to imitate; to attempt to resemble, as in manners or course of life.
6. copy ·noun manuscript or printed matter to be set up in type; as, the printers are calling for more copy.
7. copy ·noun a writing paper of a particular size. ·same·as bastard. ·see under paper.
8. copy ·noun an imitation, transcript, or reproduction of an original work; as, a copy of a letter, an engraving, a painting, or a statue.
9. copy ·noun an individual book, or a single set of books containing the works of an author; as, a copy of the bible; a copy of the works of addison.
10. copy ·noun that which is to be imitated, transcribed, or reproduced; a pattern, model, or example; as, his virtues are an excellent copy for imitation.
11. copy ·noun to make a copy or copies of; to write; print, engrave, or paint after an original; to duplicate; to reproduce; to transcribe; as, to copy a manuscript, inscription, design, painting, ·etc.;
often with out, sometimes with off.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012