Meaning of CREST in English
vi to form a crest.
2. crest ·noun the ridge or top of a wave.
3. crest ·noun the upper curve of a horse's neck.
4. crest ·noun the top line of a slope or embankment.
5. crest ·noun the summit of a hill or mountain ridge.
6. crest ·noun the helm or head, as typical of a high spirit; pride; courage.
7. crest ·vt to furnish with, or surmount as, a crest; to serve as a crest for.
8. crest ·vt to mark with lines or streaks, like, or regarded as like, waving plumes.
9. crest ·noun the ornamental finishing which surmounts the ridge of a roof, canopy, ·etc.
10. crest ·noun the plume of feathers, or other decoration, worn on a helmet; the distinctive ornament of a helmet, indicating the rank of the wearer; hence, also, the helmet.
11. crest ·noun a bearing worn, not upon the shield, but usually above it, or separately as an ornament for plate, liveries, and the like. it is a relic of the ancient cognizance. ·see cognizance, 4.
12. crest ·noun a tuft, or other excrescence or natural ornament, growing on an animal's head; the comb of a cock; the swelling on the head of a serpent; the lengthened feathers of the crown or nape of bird, ·etc.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012