Meaning of CRYSTAL in English
noun the glass over the dial of a watch case.
2. crystal ·noun anything resembling crystal, as clear water, ·etc.
3. crystal ·adj consisting of, or like, crystal; clear; transparent; lucid; pellucid; crystalline.
4. crystal ·noun a species of glass, more perfect in its composition and manufacture than common glass, and often cut into ornamental forms. ·see flint glass.
5. crystal ·noun the regular form which a substance tends to assume in solidifying, through the inherent power of cohesive attraction. it is bounded by plane surfaces, symmetrically arranged, and each species of crystal has fixed axial ratios. ·see crystallization.
6. crystal ·noun the material of quartz, in crystallization transparent or nearly so, and either colorless or slightly tinged with gray, or the like;
called also rock crystal. ornamental vessels are made of it. ·cf. smoky quartz, pebble; also brazilian pebble, under brazilian.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012