Meaning of DATE in English
noun assigned end; conclusion.
2. date ·noun given or assigned length of life; dyration.
3. date ·noun the fruit of the date palm; also, the date palm itself.
4. date ·vi to have beginning; to begin; to be dated or reckoned;
5. date ·vt to note or fix the time of, as of an event; to give the date of; as, to date the building of the pyramids.
6. date ·noun the point of time at which a transaction or event takes place, or is appointed to take place; a given point of time; epoch; as, the date of a battle.
7. date ·vt to note the time of writing or executing; to express in an instrument the time of its execution; as, to date a letter, a bond, a deed, or a charter.
8. date ·noun that addition to a writing, inscription, coin, ·etc., which specifies the time (as day, month, and year) when the writing or inscription was given, or executed, or made; as, the date of a letter, of a will, of a deed, of a coin. ·etc.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012