Meaning of DEPTH in English
noun lowness; as, depth of sound.
2. depth ·noun a pair of toothed wheels which work together.
3. depth ·add. ·noun the perpendicular distance from the chord to the farthest point of an arched surface.
4. depth ·noun profoundness; extent or degree of intensity; abundance; completeness; as, depth of knowledge, or color.
5. depth ·noun the number of simple elements which an abstract conception or notion includes; the comprehension or content.
6. depth ·noun that which is deep; a deep, or the deepest, part or place; the deep; the middle part; as, the depth of night, or of winter.
7. depth ·noun the quality of being deep; deepness; perpendicular measurement downward from the surface, or horizontal measurement backward from the front; as, the depth of a river; the depth of a body of troops.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012