noun one of a suit of playing cards, stamped with the figure of a diamond.
2. diamond ·noun the infield; the square space, 90 feet on a side, having the bases at its angles.
3. diamond ·noun a pointed projection, like a four-sided pyramid, used for ornament in lines or groups.
4. diamond ·adj resembling a diamond; made of, or abounding in, diamonds; as, a diamond chain; a diamond field.
5. diamond ·noun the smallest kind of type in english printing, except that called brilliant, which is seldom seen.
6. diamond ·noun a precious stone or gem excelling in brilliancy and beautiful play of prismatic colors, and remarkable for extreme hardness.
7. diamond ·noun a geometrical figure, consisting of four equal straight lines, and having two of the interior angles acute and two obtuse; a rhombus; a lozenge.