Meaning of DIRECTION in English
noun the body of managers of a corporation or enterprise; board of directors.
2. direction ·noun that which is imposed by directing; a guiding or authoritative instruction; prescription; order; command; as, he grave directions to the servants.
3. direction ·noun the name and residence of a person to whom any thing is sent, written upon the thing sent; superscription; address; as, the direction of a letter.
4. direction ·noun the act of directing, of aiming, regulating, guiding, or ordering; guidance; management; superintendence; administration; as, the direction o/ public affairs or of a bank.
5. direction ·noun the pointing of a piece with reference to an imaginary vertical axis;
distinguished from elevation. the direction is given when the plane of sight passes through the object.
6. direction ·noun the line or course upon which anything is moving or aimed to move, or in which anything is lying or pointing; aim; line or point of tendency; direct line or course; as, the ship sailed in a southeasterly direction.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012