Meaning of ESTATE in English
noun a person of high rank.
2. estate ·vt tom settle as a fortune.
3. estate ·vt to endow with an estate.
4. estate ·vt to establish.
5. estate ·noun social standing or rank; quality; dignity.
6. estate ·noun the state; the general body politic; the common-wealth; the general interest; state affairs.
7. estate ·noun settled condition or form of existence; state; condition or circumstances of life or of any person; situation.
8. estate ·noun the degree, quality, nature, and extent of one's interest in, or ownership of, lands, tenements, ·etc.; as, an estate for life, for years, at will, ·etc.
9. estate ·noun a property which a person possesses; a fortune; possessions, ·esp. property in land; also, property of all kinds which a person leaves to be divided at his death.
10. estate ·noun the great classes or orders of a community or state (as the clergy, the nobility, and the commonalty of england) or their representatives who administer the government; as, the estates of the realm (england), which are (1) the lords spiritual, (2) the lords temporal, (3) the commons.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012