Meaning of FLAKE in English
noun a paling; a hurdle.
2. flake ·vt to form into flakes.
3. flake ·vi to separate in flakes; to peel or scale off.
4. flake ·add. ·noun a flat layer, or fake, of a coiled cable.
5. flake ·noun a small stage hung over a vessel's side, for workmen to stand on in calking, ·etc.
6. flake ·noun a little particle of lighted or incandescent matter, darted from a fire; a flash.
7. flake ·noun a sort of carnation with only two colors in the flower, the petals having large stripes.
8. flake ·noun a platform of hurdles, or small sticks made fast or interwoven, supported by stanchions, for drying codfish and other things.
9. flake ·noun a loose filmy mass or a thin chiplike layer of anything; a film; flock; lamina; layer; scale; as, a flake of snow, tallow, or fish.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012