Meaning of FROST in English
vt to injure by frost; to freeze, as plants.
2. frost ·vi frozen dew;
called also hoarfrost or white frost.
3. frost ·vi coldness or insensibility; severity or rigidity of character.
4. frost ·vi the act of freezing;
applied chiefly to the congelation of water; congelation of fluids.
5. frost ·vt to cover with hoarfrost; to produce a surface resembling frost upon, as upon cake, metals, or glass.
6. frost ·vt to roughen or sharpen, as the nail heads or calks of horseshoes, so as to fit them for frosty weather.
7. frost ·vi the state or temperature of the air which occasions congelation, or the freezing of water; severe cold or freezing weather.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012