Meaning of HELL in English
vt a gambling house.
2. hell ·vt to overwhelm.
3. hell ·vt a place where outcast persons or things are gathered.
4. hell ·vt a place into which a tailor throws his shreds, or a printer his broken type.
5. hell ·vt the place of the dead, or of souls after death; the grave;
called in hebrew sheol, and by the greeks hades.
6. hell ·vt a dungeon or prison; also, in certain running games, a place to which those who are caught are carried for detention.
7. hell ·vt the place or state of punishment for the wicked after death; the abode of evil spirits. hence, any mental torment; anguish.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012