Meaning of HOST in English
vt to give entertainment to.
2. host ·noun any great number or multitude; a throng.
3. host ·noun an army; a number of men gathered for war.
4. host ·vi to lodge at an inn; to take up entertainment.
5. host ·noun the consecrated wafer, believed to be the body of christ, which in the mass is offered as a sacrifice; also, the bread before consecration.
6. host ·noun one who receives or entertains another, whether gratuitously or for compensation; one from whom another receives food, lodging, or entertainment; a landlord.
7. host ·add. ·noun any animal or plant affording lodgment or subsistence to a parasitic or commensal organism. thus a tree is a host of an air plant growing upon it.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012