Meaning of IMPRESSION in English
noun impressiveness; emphasis of delivery.
2. impression ·noun an indistinct notion, remembrance, or belief.
3. impression ·noun a print on paper from a wood block, metal plate, or the like.
4. impression ·noun influence or effect on the senses or the intellect hence, interest, concern.
5. impression ·noun in painting, the first coat of color, as the priming in house painting and the like.
6. impression ·noun that which impresses, or exercises an effect, action, or agency; appearance; phenomenon.
7. impression ·noun that which is impressed; stamp; mark; indentation; sensible result of an influence exerted from without.
8. impression ·noun the act of impressing, or the state of being impressed; the communication of a stamp, mold, style, or character, by external force or by influence.
9. impression ·noun the pressure of the type on the paper, or the result of such pressure, as regards its appearance; as, a heavy impression; a clear, or a poor, impression; also, a single copy as the result of printing, or the whole edition printed at a given time.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012