Meaning of LANGUAGE in English
noun a race, as distinguished by its speech.
2. language ·vt to communicate by language; to express in language.
3. language ·noun the expression of ideas by writing, or any other instrumentality.
4. language ·noun the forms of speech, or the methods of expressing ideas, peculiar to a particular nation.
5. language ·noun the inarticulate sounds by which animals inferior to man express their feelings or their wants.
6. language ·noun the suggestion, by objects, actions, or conditions, of ideas associated therewith; as, the language of flowers.
7. language ·noun the characteristic mode of arranging words, peculiar to an individual speaker or writer; manner of expression; style.
8. language ·noun the vocabulary and phraseology belonging to an art or department of knowledge; as, medical language; the language of chemistry or theology.
9. language ·noun any means of conveying or communicating ideas; specifically, human speech; the expression of ideas by the voice; sounds, expressive of thought, articulated by the organs of the throat and mouth.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012