adj clear; definite in terms or amount.
2. liquid ·adj fluid and transparent; as, the liquid air.
3. liquid ·adj flowing freely like water; fluid; not solid.
4. liquid ·adj flowing or sounding smoothly or without abrupt transitions or harsh tones.
5. liquid ·adj pronounced without any jar or harshness; smooth; as, l and r are liquid letters.
6. liquid ·noun a letter which has a smooth, flowing sound, or which flows smoothly after a mute; as, l and r, in bla, bra. m and n also are called liquids.
7. liquid ·noun a substance whose parts change their relative position on the slightest pressure, and therefore retain no definite form; any substance in the state of liquidity; a fluid that is not aeriform.
8. liquid ·adj being in such a state that the component parts move freely among themselves, but do not tend to separate from each other as the particles of gases and vapors do; neither solid nor aeriform; as, liquid mercury, in distinction from mercury solidified or in a state of vapor.