Meaning of LIST in English
noun inclination; desire.
2. list ·vt to listen or hearken to.
3. list ·noun the first thin coat of tin.
4. list ·noun a limit or boundary; a border.
5. list ·noun a stripe.
6. list ·noun the lobe of the ear; the ear itself.
7. list ·vt to inclose for combat; as, to list a field.
8. list ·add. ·vt to plow and plant with a lister.
9. list ·vi to desire or choose; to please.
10. list ·noun a little square molding; a fillet;
called also listel.
11. list ·vt to engage, as a soldier; to enlist.
12. list ·noun an inclination to one side; as, the ship has a list to starboard.
13. list ·vt to enroll; to place or register in a list.
14. list ·noun a wirelike rim of tin left on an edge of the plate after it is coated.
15. list ·noun a piece of woolen cloth with which the yarns are grasped by a workman.
xvi. list ·noun a narrow strip of wood, ·esp. sapwood, cut from the edge of a plank or board.
xvii. list ·vt to cut away a narrow strip, as of sapwood, from the edge of; as, to list a board.
xviii. list ·vi to engage in public service by enrolling one's name; to enlist.
xix. list ·vt to sew together, as strips of cloth, so as to make a show of colors, or form a border.
xx. list ·vi to lean; to incline; as, the ship lists to port.
xxi. list ·vi to hearken; to attend; to listen.
xxii. list ·vt to cover with list, or with strips of cloth; to put list on; as, to list a door; to stripe as if with list.
xxiii. list ·add. ·vt in cotton culture, to prepare, as land, for the crop by making alternating beds and alleys with the hoe.
xxiv. list ·noun a roll or catalogue, that is row or line; a record of names; as, a list of names, books, articles; a list of ratable estate.
xxv. list ·noun a strip forming the woven border or selvedge of cloth, particularly of broadcloth, and serving to strengthen it; hence, a strip of cloth; a fillet.
xxvi. list ·noun a line inclosing or forming the extremity of a piece of ground, or field of combat; hence, in the plural (lists), the ground or field inclosed for a race or combat.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012