noun to beat with the fists.
2. mill ·noun to roll into bars, as steel.
3. mill ·noun a pugilistic.
4. mill ·add. ·noun short for treadmill.
5. mill ·add. ·vi to undergo hulling, as maize.
6. mill ·noun a passage underground through which ore is shot.
7. mill ·noun to pass through a fulling mill; to full, as cloth.
8. mill ·vi to swim under water;
said of air-breathing creatures.
9. mill ·noun a machine for grinding and polishing; as, a lapidary mill.
10. mill ·add. ·vi to move in a circle, as cattle upon a plain.
11. mill ·add. ·vt to cause to mill, or circle round, as cattle.
12. mill ·add. ·vi to take part in a mill; to box.
13. mill ·add. ·vi to swim suddenly in a new direction;
said of whales.
14. mill ·noun a milling cutter. ·see ·illust. under milling.
15. mill ·noun an excavation in rock, transverse to the workings, from which material for filling is obtained.
xvi. mill ·add. ·noun the raised or ridged edge or surface made in milling anything, as a coin or screw.
xvii. mill ·add. ·vt to fill (a winze or interior incline) with broken ore, to be drawn out at the bottom.
xviii. mill ·noun a money of account of the united states, having the value of the tenth of a cent, or the thousandth of a dollar.
xix. mill ·noun to reduce to fine particles, or to small pieces, in a mill; to grind; to comminute.
xx. mill ·noun a hardened steel roller having a design in relief, used for imprinting a reversed copy of the design in a softer metal, as copper.
xxi. mill ·noun to shape, finish, or transform by passing through a machine; specifically, to shape or dress, as metal, by means of a rotary cutter.
xxii. mill ·noun a building or collection of buildings with machinery by which the processes of manufacturing are carried on; as, a cotton mill; a powder mill; a rolling mill.
xxiii. mill ·noun a machine for grinding or comminuting any substance, as grain, by rubbing and crushing it between two hard, rough, or intented surfaces; as, a gristmill, a coffee mill; a bone mill.
xxiv. mill ·noun a machine used for expelling the juice, sap, ·etc., from vegetable tissues by pressure, or by pressure in combination with a grinding, or cutting process; as, a cider mill; a cane mill.
xxv. mill ·noun a common name for various machines which produce a manufactured product, or change the form of a raw material by the continuous repetition of some simple action; as, a sawmill; a stamping mill, ·etc.
xxvi. mill ·noun to make a raised border around the edges of, or to cut fine grooves or indentations across the edges of, as of a coin, or a screw head; also, to stamp in a coining press; to coin.