Meaning of NEEDLE in English
vi to form needles; to crystallize in the form of needles.
2. needle ·noun ·see magnetic needle, under magnetic.
3. needle ·vt to form in the shape of a needle; as, to needle crystals.
4. needle ·noun one of the needle-shaped secondary leaves of pine trees. ·see pinus.
5. needle ·noun a small instrument of steel, sharply pointed at one end, with an eye to receive a thread, used in sewing.
6. needle ·noun any slender, pointed object, like a needle, as a pointed crystal, a sharp pinnacle of rock, an obelisk, ·etc.
7. needle ·noun a slender rod or wire used in knitting; a knitting needle; also, a hooked instrument which carries the thread or twine, and by means of which knots or loops are formed in the process of netting, knitting, or crocheting.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012