vi to form needles; to crystallize in the form of needles.
2. needle ·noun ·see magnetic needle, under magnetic.
3. needle ·vt to form in the shape of a needle; as, to needle crystals.
4. needle ·noun one of the needle-shaped secondary leaves of pine trees. ·see pinus.
5. needle ·noun a small instrument of steel, sharply pointed at one end, with an eye to receive a thread, used in sewing.
6. needle ·noun any slender, pointed object, like a needle, as a pointed crystal, a sharp pinnacle of rock, an obelisk, ·etc.
7. needle ·noun a slender rod or wire used in knitting; a knitting needle; also, a hooked instrument which carries the thread or twine, and by means of which knots or loops are formed in the process of netting, knitting, or crocheting.