Meaning of PAPER in English
vt to fold or inclose in paper.
2. paper ·noun a sheet, leaf, or piece of such substance.
3. paper ·vt to put on paper; to make a memorandum of.
4. paper ·noun a printed sheet appearing periodically; a newspaper; a journal; as, a daily paper.
5. paper ·noun decorated hangings or coverings for walls, made of paper. ·see paper hangings, below.
6. paper ·vt to cover with paper; to furnish with paper hangings; as, to paper a room or a house.
7. paper ·noun a paper containing (usually) a definite quantity; as, a paper of pins, tacks, opium, ·etc.
8. paper ·noun a medicinal preparation spread upon paper, intended for external application; as, cantharides paper.
9. paper ·noun a printed or written instrument; a document, essay, or the like; a writing; as, a paper read before a scientific society.
10. paper ·noun negotiable evidences of indebtedness; notes; bills of exchange, and the like; as, the bank holds a large amount of his paper.
11. paper ·adj of or pertaining to paper; made of paper; resembling paper; existing only on paper; unsubstantial; as, a paper box; a paper army.
12. paper ·noun a substance in the form of thin sheets or leaves intended to be written or printed on, or to be used in wrapping. it is made of rags, straw, bark, wood, or other fibrous material, which is first reduced to pulp, then molded, pressed, and dried.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012