adj mutually interchangeable.
2. reciprocal ·adj recurring in vicissitude; alternate.
3. reciprocal ·noun that which is reciprocal to another thing.
4. reciprocal ·adj reflexive;
applied to pronouns and verbs, but sometimes limited to such pronouns as express mutual action.
5. reciprocal ·adj done by each to the other; interchanging or interchanged; given and received; due from each to each; mutual; as, reciprocal love; reciprocal duties.
6. reciprocal ·adj used to denote different kinds of mutual relation; often with reference to the substitution of reciprocals for given quantities. ·see the phrases below.
7. reciprocal ·noun the quotient arising from dividing unity by any quantity; thus, / is the reciprocal of 4; 1/(a + b) is the reciprocal of a + b. the reciprocal of a fraction is the fraction inverted, or the denominator divided by the numerator.