noun the getting, or gaining, of something not previously had.
2. recovery ·noun the act of recovering, regaining, or retaking possession.
3. recovery ·add. ·noun act of regaining the natural position after curtseying.
4. recovery ·noun in rowing, the act of regaining the proper position for making a new stroke.
5. recovery ·noun the obtaining in a suit at law of a right to something by a verdict and judgment of court.
6. recovery ·add. ·noun act of regaining the position of guard after making an attack.
7. recovery ·noun restoration from sickness, weakness, faintness, or the like; restoration from a condition of mistortune, of fright, ·etc.