Meaning of RECOVERY in English
/ri kuv"euh ree/ , n. , pl. recoveries .
1. an act of recovering.
2. the regaining of or possibility of regaining something lost or taken away.
3. restoration or return to health from sickness.
4. restoration or return to any former and better state or condition.
5. time required for recovering.
6. something that is gained in recovering.
7. an improvement in the economy marking the end of a recession or decline.
8. the regaining of substances in usable form, as from refuse material or waste products.
9. Law. the obtaining of right to something by verdict or judgment of a court of law.
10. Football. an act or instance of recovering a fumble.
11. Fencing. the movement to the position of guard after a lunge.
12. Rowing. a return to a former position for making the next stroke.
[ 1350-1400; ME recoverie. See RECOVER, -Y 3 ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012