Meaning of REFLECTION in English
noun censure; reproach cast.
2. reflection ·noun shining; brightness, as of the sun.
3. reflection ·noun that which is produced by reflection.
4. reflection ·noun an image given back from a reflecting surface; a reflected counterpart.
5. reflection ·noun a part reflected, or turned back, at an angle; as, the reflection of a membrane.
6. reflection ·noun the act of reflecting, or turning or sending back, or the state of being reflected.
7. reflection ·noun the return of rays, beams, sound, or the like, from a surface. ·see angle of reflection, below.
8. reflection ·noun result of meditation; thought or opinion after attentive consideration or contemplation; especially, thoughts suggested by truth.
9. reflection ·noun the transference of an excitement from one nerve fiber to another by means of the nerve cells, as in reflex action. ·see reflex action, under reflex.
10. reflection ·noun the reverting of the mind to that which has already occupied it; continued consideration; meditation; contemplation; hence, also, that operation or power of the mind by which it is conscious of its own acts or states; the capacity for judging rationally, especially in view of a moral rule or standard.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012