Meaning of SHAPE in English
noun dress for disguise; guise.
2. shape ·noun a model; a pattern; a mold.
3. shape ·vi to suit; to be adjusted or conformable.
4. shape ·noun that which has form or figure; a figure; an appearance; a being.
5. shape ·noun to image; to conceive; to body forth.
6. shape ·noun to form or create; especially, to mold or make into a particular form; to give proper form or figure to.
7. shape ·noun a piece which has been roughly forged nearly to the form it will receive when completely forged or fitted.
8. shape ·noun a rolled or hammered piece, as a bar, beam, angle iron, ·etc., having a cross section different from merchant bar.
9. shape ·noun form of embodiment, as in words; form, as of thought or conception; concrete embodiment or example, as of some quality.
10. shape ·noun to design; to prepare; to plan; to arrange.
11. shape ·noun to adapt to a purpose; to regulate; to adjust; to direct; as, to shape the course of a vessel.
12. shape ·noun character or construction of a thing as determining its external appearance; outward aspect; make; figure; form; guise; as, the shape of a tree; the shape of the head; an elegant shape.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012