adj tense; not relaxed; as, a strict fiber.
2. strict ·adj strained; drawn close; tight; as, a strict embrace; a strict ligature.
3. strict ·adj upright, or straight and narrow;
said of the shape of the plants or their flower clusters.
4. strict ·adj exact; accurate; precise; rigorously nice; as, to keep strict watch; to pay strict attention.
5. strict ·adj rigidly; interpreted; exactly limited; confined; restricted; as, to understand words in a strict sense.
6. strict ·adj governed or governing by exact rules; observing exact rules; severe; rigorous; as, very strict in observing the sabbath.