Meaning of SURFACE in English
noun hence, outward or external appearance.
2. surface ·vt to work over the surface or soil of, as ground, in hunting for gold.
3. surface ·noun that part of the side which is terminated by the flank prolonged, and the angle of the nearest bastion.
4. surface ·vt to give a surface to; especially, to cause to have a smooth or plain surface; to make smooth or plain.
5. surface ·noun a magnitude that has length and breadth without thickness; superficies; as, a plane surface; a spherical surface.
6. surface ·noun the exterior part of anything that has length and breadth; one of the limits that bound a solid, ·esp. the upper face; superficies; the outside; as, the surface of the earth; the surface of a diamond; the surface of the body.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012