vt to plunge or sink into a swamp.
2. swamp ·vt to cause (a boat) to become filled with water; to capsize or sink by whelming with water.
3. swamp ·vi to sink or stick in a swamp; figuratively, to become involved in insuperable difficulties.
4. swamp ·noun wet, spongy land; soft, low ground saturated with water, but not usually covered with it; marshy ground away from the seashore.
5. swamp ·vi to become filled with water, as a boat; to founder; to capsize or sink; figuratively, to be ruined; to be wrecked.
6. swamp ·vt fig.: to plunge into difficulties and perils; to overwhelm; to ruin; to wreck.