Meaning of TEMPLE in English
add. ·noun a local organization of odd fellows.
2. temple ·noun the edifice erected at jerusalem for the worship of jehovah.
3. temple ·noun fig.: any place in which the divine presence specially resides.
4. temple ·noun a contrivence used in a loom for keeping the web stretched transversely.
5. temple ·vt to build a temple for; to appropriate a temple to; as, to temple a god.
6. temple ·add. ·noun a building dedicated to the administration of ordinances.
7. temple ·noun hence, among christians, an edifice erected as a place of public worship; a church.
8. temple ·noun the space, on either side of the head, back of the eye and forehead, above the zygomatic arch and in front of the ear.
9. temple ·noun a place or edifice dedicated to the worship of some deity; as, the temple of jupiter at athens, or of juggernaut in india.
10. temple ·noun one of the side bars of a pair of spectacles, jointed to the bows, and passing one on either side of the head to hold the spectacles in place.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012