Meaning of JORDAN in English
— Jordanian /jawr day"nee euhn/ , n. , adj.
/jawr"dn/ ; for 3 also Fr. /zhawrdd dahonn"/ , n.
1. David Starr /stahr/ , 1851-1931, U.S. biologist and educator.
2. June , born 1936, U.S. poet, novelist, and essayist.
3. Marie Ennemond Camille /mann rddee" eneu mawonn" kann mee"yeu/ , 1838-1922, French mathematician.
4. Official name, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan . a kingdom in SW Asia, consisting of the former Transjordan and a part of Palestine that, since 1967, has been occupied by Israel. 4,324,638; 37,264 sq. mi. (96,514 sq. km). Cap.: Amman.
5. a river in SW Asia, flowing from S Lebanon through the Sea of Galilee, then S between Israel and Jordan through W Jordan into the Dead Sea. 200 mi. (320 km) long.
6. a male given name.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012