Meaning of ACCORD in English
vi to agree in pitch and tone.
2. accord ·vt harmony of sounds; agreement in pitch and tone; concord; as, the accord of tones.
3. accord ·vt agreement or concurrence of opinion, will, or action; harmony of mind; consent; assent.
4. accord ·vt voluntary or spontaneous motion or impulse to act;
preceded by own; as, of one's own accord.
5. accord ·vt agreement, harmony, or just correspondence of things; as, the accord of light and shade in painting.
6. accord ·vt to make to agree or correspond; to suit one thing to another; to adjust;
followed by to.
7. accord ·vt to grant as suitable or proper; to concede; to award; as, to accord to one due praise.
8. accord ·vt an agreement between parties in controversy, by which satisfaction for an injury is stipulated, and which, when executed, bars a suit.
9. accord ·vt to bring to an agreement, as persons; to reconcile; to settle, adjust, harmonize, or compose, as things; as, to accord suits or controversies.
10. accord ·vi to agree; to correspond; to be in harmony;
followed by with, formerly also by to; as, his disposition accords with his looks.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012