Meaning of BRASS in English
noun impudence; a brazen face.
2. brass ·noun coin made of copper, brass, or bronze.
3. brass ·noun utensils, ornaments, or other articles of brass.
4. brass ·noun lumps of pyrites or sulphuret of iron, the color of which is near to that of brass.
5. brass ·noun a brass plate engraved with a figure or device. specifically, one used as a memorial to the dead, and generally having the portrait, coat of arms, ·etc.
6. brass ·noun an alloy (usually yellow) of copper and zinc, in variable proportion, but often containing two parts of copper to one part of zinc. it sometimes contains tin, and rarely other metals.
7. brass ·noun a journal bearing, so called because frequently made of brass. a brass is often lined with a softer metal, when the latter is generally called a white metal lining. ·see axle box, journal box, and bearing.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012