Meaning of CLOCK in English
noun the striking of a clock.
2. clock ·noun a watch, ·esp. one that strikes.
3. clock ·vt to ornament with figured work, as the side of a stocking.
4. clock ·noun a figure or figured work on the ankle or side of a stocking.
5. clock ·vt & ·vi to call, as a hen. ·see cluck.
6. clock ·noun a large beetle, ·esp. the european dung beetle (scarabaeus stercorarius).
7. clock ·noun a machine for measuring time, indicating the hour and other divisions by means of hands moving on a dial plate. its works are moved by a weight or a spring, and it is often so constructed as to tell the hour by the stroke of a hammer on a bell. it is not adapted, like the watch, to be carried on the person.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012