Meaning of COMPANY in English
vi to be a gay companion.
2. company ·noun a companion or companions.
3. company ·vi to have sexual commerce.
4. company ·vi to associate.
5. company ·vt to accompany or go with; to be companion to.
6. company ·noun society, in general; people assembled for social intercourse.
7. company ·noun the crew of a ship, including the officers; as, a whole ship's company.
8. company ·noun an assemblage or association of persons, either permanent or transient.
9. company ·noun the body of actors employed in a theater or in the production of a play.
10. company ·noun guests or visitors, in distinction from the members of a family; as, to invite company to dine.
11. company ·noun partners in a firm whose names are not mentioned in its style or title;
often abbreviated in writing; as, hottinguer & co.
12. company ·noun a subdivision of a regiment of troops under the command of a captain, numbering in the united states (full strength) 100 men.
13. company ·noun the state of being a companion or companions; the act of accompanying; fellowship; companionship; society; friendly intercourse.
14. company ·noun an association of persons for the purpose of carrying on some enterprise or business; a corporation; a firm; as, the east india company; an insurance company; a joint-stock company.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012