Meaning of DUMMY in English
noun one who is dumb.
2. dummy ·noun a thick-witted person; a dolt.
3. dummy ·noun a floating barge connected with a pier.
4. dummy ·adj silent; mute; noiseless; as a dummy engine.
5. dummy ·adj fictitious or sham; feigned; as, a dummy watch.
6. dummy ·noun one who plays a merely nominal part in any action; a sham character.
7. dummy ·noun the fourth or exposed hand when three persons play at a four-handed game of cards.
8. dummy ·noun a sham package in a shop, or one which does not contain what its exterior indicates.
9. dummy ·noun a locomotive with condensing engines, and, hence, without the noise of escaping steam; also, a dummy car.
10. dummy ·noun an imitation or copy of something, to be used as a substitute; a model; a lay figure; as, a figure on which clothing is exhibited in shop windows; a blank paper copy used to show the size of the future book, ·etc.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012