Meaning of EXPRESSION in English
noun the representation of any quantity by its appropriate characters or signs.
2. expression ·noun the act of declaring or signifying; declaration; utterance; as, an expression of the public will.
3. expression ·noun that which is expressed by a countenance, a posture, a work of art, ·etc.; look, as indicative of thought or feeling.
4. expression ·noun a form of words in which an idea or sentiment is conveyed; a mode of speech; a phrase; as, a common expression; an odd expression.
5. expression ·noun the act of expressing; the act of forcing out by pressure; as, the expression of juices or oils; also, of extorting or eliciting; as, a forcible expression of truth.
6. expression ·noun lively or vivid representation of meaning, sentiment, or feeling, ·etc.; significant and impressive indication, whether by language, appearance, or gesture; that manner or style which gives life and suggestive force to ideas and sentiments; as, he reads with expression; her performance on the piano has expression.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012