Meaning of FAILURE in English
noun a failing; a slight fault.
2. failure ·noun want of success; the state of having failed.
3. failure ·noun omission; nonperformance; as, the failure to keep a promise.
4. failure ·noun a becoming insolvent; bankruptcy; suspension of payment; as, failure in business.
5. failure ·noun decay, or defect from decay; deterioration; as, the failure of memory or of sight.
6. failure ·noun cessation of supply, or total defect; a failing; deficiency; as, failure of rain; failure of crops.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012