Meaning of FINGER in English
vt to touch lightly; to toy with.
2. finger ·vt to execute, as any delicate work.
3. finger ·vt to perform on an instrument of music.
4. finger ·vi to use the fingers in playing on an instrument.
5. finger ·noun skill in the use of the fingers, as in playing upon a musical instrument.
6. finger ·vt to touch with the fingers; to handle; to meddle with.
7. finger ·vt to mark the notes of (a piece of music) so as to guide the fingers in playing.
8. finger ·vt to take thievishly; to pilfer; to purloin.
9. finger ·noun one of the five terminating members of the hand; a digit; ·esp., one of the four extermities of the hand, other than the thumb.
10. finger ·noun the breadth of a finger, or the fourth part of the hand; a measure of nearly an inch; also, the length of finger, a measure in domestic use in the united states, of about four and a half inches or one eighth of a yard.
11. finger ·noun anything that does work of a finger; as, the pointer of a clock, watch, or other registering machine; especially (mech.) a small projecting rod, wire, or piece, which is brought into contact with an object to effect, direct, or restrain a motion.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012