noun the husk or glume of oats.
2. flight ·noun a series of steps or stairs from one landing to another.
3. flight ·noun the act of fleeing; the act of running away, to escape or expected evil; hasty departure.
4. flight ·noun lofty elevation and excursion;a mounting; a soa/ing; as, a flight of imagination, ambition, folly.
5. flight ·noun a kind of arrow for the longbow; also, the sport of shooting with it. ·see shaft.
6. flight ·noun the act or flying; a passing through the air by the help of wings; volitation; mode or style of flying.
7. flight ·noun a number of beings or things passing through the air together; especially, a flock of birds flying in company; the birds that fly or migrate together; the birds produced in one season; as, a flight of arrows.